3/23/2009 09:18:00 AM

H E L P

OK
I am following this pattern...the colors are supposed to be "sepia" in color...I find (not sure if it shows in the pic) a greenish , kind of kahki greenish color....I thought maybe I swiched them inadvertendly......It looks so much nicer in the pic, up close, you really can't see the pattern....It's a gift and I want it to be perfect....should I swich to color? Can you notice it? I"m thinking that there should be a more gradual light to dark and it seems like there is dark, light dark....UGH
I am really excited about this pattern...I work on it everyday.....
H E L P

2 comments....:

saras said...

I think on charts like that, the occassional "odd" color makes the shading work right! Like I stitched a brown bear for my brother, and couldn't figure out why there would be any dark blue in there! But when it was all said and done, it blended just perfectly! I'd leave it as is and see how it ends up! It's looking great!

Coni said...

Yes, indeedie, I agree with saras....don't change anything until the piece is finished. I think this looks just lovely and will be a very treasured gift. Fabulous stitching!